In this essential guide, Meghan Casey outlines a step-by-step approach for doing content strategy, from planning and creating your content to delivering and managing it. Armed with this book, you can confidently tackle difficult activities like telling your boss or client what’s wrong with their content, getting the budget to do content work, and aligning stakeholders on a common vision. Reading The Content Strategy Toolkit is like having your own personal consulting firm on retainer with a complete array of tools and tips for every challenge you’ll face. In this practical and relevant guide, you’ll learn how to:
- Identify problems with your content and persuade your bosses it’s worth the time and resources to do it right
- Make sense of your business environment and understand your audience
- Get stakeholders aligned on business goals and user needs
- Set your content strategy and decide how to measure success
- Create, maintain, and govern on-strategy content
You’ll learn to control your content-and not have it control you.